Council for Green Revolution(CGR), the five year old environmental organisation has been in the forefront of planting trees. The organisation has become instrumental in planting 28 lakh saplings in 14 semi-arid, ecologically degraded districts of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Now CGR has been a partner in one day 25 lakh plantation programme of July 11 to make Hyderabad a green and livable Hyderabad. GHMC entrusted CGR to plant about 1 lakh saplings on the day in schools of city.
In this context, CGR earnestly request our kind co-operation and support to make the green day July 11 a grand success. In this regard CGR requested to depute NSS cadres to volunteers for this noble cause facilitated by CGR. A certificate of appreciation for the service and participation will be given to the participated cadets.
The services of the volunteers
- The volunteers will be oriented on the purpose and precise process of the programme by CGR team.
- They will be allocated a feasible number of schools to facilitate the programme
- The schools are of four mandals i,e. Uppal. keesara, Hayathnagar and Saroornagar
- In the process, well in advance to the day of planting(July 11th,) they will visit schools, motivate, orient children and teachers on the need and methodology of planting trees, record the enrollment, requirement of plants, facilitate planting the saplings on the day of July 11.
- The whole process requires three days time of cadets.
More than 225 NSS Volunteers covered 145 Schools in Twin City.They not only planted Samplings bust also motivated school children towards plantation.